Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Reflection on The Giver



I found that the giver could easily reflect the world in the near future. Where everyone will be controlled by a few people, like robots. There are already some examples of this these days where children, in China are put to work in factories, like slaves. If they don’t work hard enough they are beaten or killed. I found this book a very easy read, but with a strong message. I think that this kind of book requires a very clever mind to plan everything out, yet still leave us wanting to know more. Like where and when it took place. Does it take place in the near future. And could this actually happen. These are all questions I asked myself, and still ponder on. I think this is a very good and interesting book, only lacking a good ending, but I suppose that the cliffhanger ending was just to leave a path for the sequel.

No comments:

Post a Comment